Yes, in Bangalore either you leave the office early or late, but never on time🙂
There can be n number of reasons why you would want to leave your office early or late, generally when you work in Bangalore. The pattern generally depends on whether you are married or bachelor. I would quote the obvious reasons for these conditions in this article.
If you are married then you would leave early, say at around 05:30 PM. And if you are bachelor, it is exactly other side of it, you will stay back some time and then leave at around 07:30 – 08:00 PM. Now the reasons behind both the occurrences and situations are same, not so surprisingly.
1) The most common reason behind this is you don’t want to see or hear yourself ranting about traffic by standing still at one point for about half an hour. That would be complete waste of energy, isn’t it? Vehicles move inch-by-inch in Bangalore from 06:00 – 07:30 PM.
2) The other most probable reason being, “it might be raining in Bangalore”. Because every alternate day, it rains here in Bangalore irrespective of the season. So you would not want yourself to be traffucked and then get drenched.
3) Third reason is your boss leaves early because he wants to spend some time with his family. So you think “why not stay late and surf internet in office?” Because generally offices have high speed internet connection. Now the thing is that, most of the sites you would otherwise wanna surf like Facebook, software downloading sites and Social Networking sites are blocked in almost every office, but still you can surf the reading material there with coziness.
4) Fourth reason is, either your girlfriend or your wife (yea, that’s also a possibility) works in your office only or some other office and will be joining you while heading home. Then also you might stay a bit late.
5) Another common reason can be you are heavily loaded with work and your boss has asked you not to leave the office until you finish the work. In such circumstances it becomes inevitable, though without any choice, to stay back in office and finish up the task.
6) If you like to drive on semi-empty roads and like to drive with above average speed, then also you might stay back a bit and leave office at around 07:15 PM. That time most of the roads start evacuating and you won’t get much traffic then. And you get license to drive at the speed of 70-80 Kmph.
There can be other reasons too but then these are pretty much the highlights of general trends in Bangalore.